Friday, October 21, 2016

Exeter government failures inspire more failures

“I was always confused and apprehensive about making my turn.”  This is a statement from someone whom I would not trust with my car. Maybe this driver should not be driving.

Instead, this person wants everyone to pay to make sure she feels at ease. Dan beautify-my-storefront Chartrand of course has no problem spending $15k for the mere “study” of whether a roundabout by the Catholic church is a “good” idea. Too bad the entire B.S. team concurred.

The bad driver goes on: “They can't (use the intersection) safely with the way it's set up now.” Who? I can. I use that intersection a lot. Sometimes it’s busy, and I have to wait. Sometimes I have to be assertive. This is called driving. It’s not an easy intersection to navigate for inexperienced drivers.

And, for sake of argument, let’s say it would be “better” if it were a roundabout. I’m not a road engineer, so I don’t know. But it must be be emphasized that this "dangerous" intersection is a problem caused by government. The town of Exeter is exploding with traffic thanks to the advances of Chartrand, Russ 100k Dean, Darren Aroma Joe Winham, and everyone else who has the dream of increasing “tax revenue” by transforming Exeter into Portsmouth. Why would anyone think that these same people could somehow improve a road?

If the bad driver above really wants a roundabout, she should have the town cede ownership of the roads to the taxpayers, acquire a major stake in them, and improve them herself through voluntary means. She should also read Frederic Bastiat:
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.





No comments:

Post a Comment